Monday 7 April 2014

MY COMPUTER FAILURE & ink projectiles

At the end of March my computer waved goodbye - well, actually it just pi**ed-off without so much as an "it's been nice working with you". - Just sat there looking blank-screened - reflecting my dismayed image!

Hmmm, - well my mate "Little John" helped me select a new one that cost twice what I had hoped to pay and then extracted the 'hard-drive' from my departed ex long-term companion (of seven years, so I suppose that I mustn't grumble !).

 By some very technical process that only occurs in darkened rooms behind locked doors - he seems to have sucked-out most of what I had been working on - and has loaded it onto the new 12 gigabyte RAM 'acer' -  and I'm now getting to grips with its Windows 8 operating system.

 - It's all a bit too stressful for an 'old fart' who can remember dipping a nibbed pen into an inkwell mounted in the front of the desk at Linacre Road School, Willesden (London)  - Actually I also remember dipping the 'pigtail' of the fair-haired wee girl in front, into that inkwell too - and it becoming an interesting 'blue/black' shade at the end. - I don't think that she complained or told on me.
                                                           DESK INKWELL

- Can any of you remember the ballistic thrill of firing a folded paper pellet from a rubber-band tensioned between thumb & finger ? - made extra effective when freshly dipped into that same blue/black inkwell - splat - yeah! - That's where it all started!



 - I was actually a nice little boy. My teacher used to send me out of class, with the money once a week - to get his freshly laundered white shirt collars (celluloid) from the laundry shop, in a paper bag. - Remember separate shirt collars - I guess that was about 1953?

Next computer task is to try reload all the stuff that I've lost - such as the program that I used to adjust my photos - the one I can't remember what it was or where it came from - but it worked for me!

Hmmm, So far in three months and eighty plus posts on this 'blog' I've earned $4.83 from the adverts - (thank you whoever clicked on them) - and have spent NZ$1,400 odd and some hours researching and writing !! - But I am enjoying it all so that's what counts eh. - I'll keep on keeping-on as long as I can find anything worth writing.

 HooRoo (that's a 'West Coast' kiwi salute)

Marty K



1 comment:

  1. Hi There,
    Thank you so much for the post you do and also I like your post, Are you looking for Buy Shotguns Online in the whole USA? We are providing Buy Shot Guns Online, Buy Hand Guns Online, Buy Ammo Guns Online , Buy Rifles Online, Buy Bullets Online , Buy Primer Online , Buy Hand Gun Ammo Online , Buy Brass Online, Buy 9 MM Gun Online , Buy Gun Powder Online, Buy Guns Online, Buy Reloading Online, Buy Gears Online, Buy Firearms Online, Buy 9MM Luger Online, Buy Guns From Premium Gun Mart , Buy Online Guns, Buy Latest Guns Online , Buy Latest Firearm Parts Online, Buy Latest Bullets Online, Buy Latest Rifles Online for you with the well price and our services are very fast. Click here forhref="https://www.premiumgunmart.com/product/ammo-inc-10mm-auto-ammunition-500-rds/ /title=” Premium Gunmart - AMMO INC 10MM AUTO AMMUNITION 500 Rds |Latest AMMO INC 10MM AUTO
    AMMUNITION 500 Rds>MORE DETAILS......

    CONTACT INFORMATION
    Phone No. : +15592481585
    Email : info@premiumgunmart.com

    ReplyDelete