Saturday 17 May 2014

That Emergency Kit:

I have made a start on my Emergency Kit that I mentioned a couple of Posts back. I bought a $20 'Billy Can' in stainless-steel (Chinese made), a small folding fuel-tablet stove $10 (Chinese made), a mini can-opener $2 (Chinese made), and a new Bic lighter (made in France- yeah).

                                      My 'EMERGENCY KIT'  - in progress:

Also shown in the picture above are a flexible 'ring-saw' (German), a coil of fine wire (for snares etc.) a box of 'water-proof matches, soup mixes and tea-bags, freshly sharpened Opinel knife and some para-cord.

 - I am getting better with these 'photos' and the new p.c. eh.

The matches and  Bic lighter are an example of  'be prepared for the worse' -  'belt & braces' redundancy policy - Like the basic firearms Safety Rules - even if there is one failure - the others may click-in to save the day. - Maybe I should look for a decent flint & steel magnesium fire-lighter too.

Missing and yet to be collected are a 'space blanket', a water container, a drinking mug, a small plastic screw-cap pill-bottle filled with sugar or a mix of instant coffee?/ whitener/sugar (if you can drink that crap), a wee LED torch, a candle - and some sections of old bike inner tube firelighter (these might be used to keep the para-cord tidy and under control eh. - Oh - how about a small spoon?

 - a cuddly toy, - something for the weekend? - a  ....

- For a water container I'm thinking that a plastic jar with screw-top, such as a peanut butter jar might do as long as it doesn't leak and fits inside the drinking mug.

- Any ideas from out-there that I'm missing? - remember it's got to fit in the "Billy".

Marty K

No comments:

Post a Comment