Thursday 17 July 2014

FIRE ! - Gun Digest Shooters Guide to Handguns:

I woke-up this morning .. Correction - My cat woke me up this morning, - well before 07.00 in the frosty darkness of mid-winter. - As per normal I ignored her for as long as I could while she tried all her tricks (walking all over me - sitting on my head etc.) to make me rise-up and "Feed Me Seymore" - Yeah, it is a horror!


. Anyway I sat up in the dark and was startled to see (reflected in a mirror) bright flames shooting skyward above a nearby school - leaped out of my cosy pit with my lower cheeks rapidly chilling - raced to the phone - 111, "Fire Service" etc. etc.  - Explained the problem - quickly fed the cat - threw-on some discarded clothing - and out the door for a shivering 'rubber-neck' at what was going-up in flames down the road.

Well - it wasn't the school building as it had appeared - but two huge piles of  lumber-jacked pine trees (from a 'windbreak') roaring into the night sky while now being watched by the fire brigade. - The story goes that an early rising school principle decided to remove the eyesore/hazard using flame !!

 
So - 'The Gun Digest Shooters Guide to Handguns' by Grant Cunningham is well worth reading with lots of excellent photos. - Newer shooters will find it great value all round - but all of us would have to love the section at the end of each of the eleven chapters called "Want to know more?" - where pages of further reading are referenced complete with contact details and web addresses. - I'll certainly be following-up some of these sources.

- That's IT for today - I'm going to have a cup of coffee and a granny-nap  in my recliner armchair - as long as the cat lets me.

Marty K

No comments:

Post a Comment