Sunday 14 September 2014

"Interesting" Day at The Range - Ruger Revolver is Great !

I had an interesting day at the pistol club range on Sunday - Very happy with the first live fire session with the Ruger SP101 .22. - I focussed on using it double action only and truly have no complaints about the way it performed. - Very happy with its accuracy and function.

My First 8 Round cylinder-full - Double-Action at 7 Metres.
 
As normal for me - I tend to shoot as fast as I can find the sights and probably could reduce the group size by being much more deliberate and by using the reasonably light single-action trigger - but I'm happy.
 
My mate 'Cutters' also brought his latest purchase to the firing-line  - also a .22R.F revolver - but his is a S&W 'K-Frame' using a ten shot cylinder.
 
Smaller Ruger Snuggles-up to Big Brother 'K-Frame' S&W (Both wearing Hogue Grips)
 
I'm trying to be cool about the S&W having two rounds more than me - well it's a much bigger and heavier lump so it needs some reason to be that way! (A 'K' Frame big?!) - Cutters bought the whole ensemble complete with speed-loaders and loading block for an excellent price. - The "shmiff" has perhaps had its trigger overworked and is rather hair-trigger single-action - it may need a little corrective surgery.
 
Two SP101 cylinders-full of .22 Short R.F fired D/A at 7 metres
 
These 16 Winchester  29grain .22" Shorts were again shot 'rapid fire' double-action (well - rapid-fire for an old fart) and I'm plenty happy with the result - straight out of the box.
 
Ruger and S&W On-The-Line.
You can see the 'day-glow' optical sight working.
 
- So the revolver debut was good-interesting eh - but the day turned to s**t when I took the 9mm Carbine to the line ..
 
Sighs ...
 
Marty K
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment