Tuesday 2 September 2014

Ruger SP101 8 Shot 22LR:

I Think it's Murphy's second law that 'Everything takes longer than you think it will'.

On 11 April 2014 I ordered one Ruger SP101 revolver from R........ S....... (Auckland) and paid a deposit directly into their account

- Having negotiated a price they stated "It will take 8-10 weeks to get one."

I then visited my Club Secretary to obtain a "pinkie" - a form that states to the police that I am in good standing with the club and entitled to apply to purchase a restricted handgun - this form was lodged with the Arms Office at District Police Headquarters on the basis that they might action it and issue the Permit To Procure later - when the revolver was landed - as it was only valid for 30 days.

- On 30 June - when it was due two months and two weeks later - having enquired as to where it was, - I was told that they had checked with the Ruger agents and " it is due to leave the US in a few days and will be here in four weeks."

On 29 July they answered my next enquiry saying " It landed in New Zealand yesterday .. it will probably be ten days or so before we have it and get it registered.."

On 13 August they responded "I have your revolver here. It is not on our licence yet, so you cannot get the permit yet. As soon as it is I will let you know."

20th August - one week later - they responded that it had been registered with Auckland police on the previous Monday and I might now get my Permit To Procure activated - which I did - and I paid R........ the full amount outstanding into their acct.

On 27th August - another week later -  R........ e-mailed "Scott has checked our account and we have not received the outstanding payment. When did you do the transfer please?..

Then after I told them again that I had transferred the funds back on the 20th - they duly responded "I can confirm receipt of the balance - but the courier has been today so your pistol will not now be sent until tomorrow."

28 August they e-mailed saying that they went to courier my revolver but couldn't - because " the permit expired on the 21st."

It seems that the permit had been incorrectly completed by the Arms Office with the current days date in the Expiry Date Box !

The Arms Office, when telephoned, arranged with R......... S........ to mail them another Permit.


                   I think that it should look something like this when you take it from the box - but my memory is getting poor as I get older..
 
Waiting For The Mail. 

September 2nd .. I got a phone call from Dan of R........  S............

September 3 - The Courier delivered a parcel.
 
Marty K
 





No comments:

Post a Comment