Friday 18 November 2016

Shaky Isles Thoughts:

This is slightly interesting:

Every time an aftershock hits the house my cat looks at me as if it's my fault - or that maybe I farted again. - I'm convinced that felines are all basically female in temperament !

Aftershocks for you non seismic types -  up here they feel like a heavily laden but invisible B-Train truck has rammed the side of the house - followed by his mate's unit slamming into the other side.

- They get annoying after a while - especially with the phone ringing over'n'over with folk from everywhere phoning in to see if they've inherited any of my stuff - while I'm thinking about all the crap that's littering the carpet.

The floor in the loading room has an interesting sprinkle of assorted junk - but thankfully no powder.

I was 'intrigued' that our National Television 1 channel cancelled all normal programming to cover the emergency through the day following the midnight Quake - But THEY KEPT THE BLOODY ADVERTISEMENTS COMING every 10 minutes !!

Drop the programs but keep the commercials.

What has the world come to?  The land tears itself apart as the seabed rises up out of the water - homes collapse while thousands are cut-off from everything - the streets of our Capitol City-centre are too dangerous to enter with unsafe collapsing buildings - but the 'free market' keeps on grabbing at our dollars.
Kaikoura Quaked Cows.

- Not surprising that Professor Stephen Hawkins says that humanity will become extinct in less than a thousand years from now eh.

"Most recent advances in cosmology have been achieved from space where there are uninterrupted views of our universe, but we must also continue to go into space for the future of humanity. I don't think we will survive another 1,000 years without escaping our fragile planet."


I bet that the Adverts will be still playing on TV.

Marty K.

No comments:

Post a Comment